Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Holidays????

This year has been a very tough Christmas and New Year. I lost my dear sweet hubby of 39+ years to cancer. He died 2 days after Christmas and we had his service on Jan.2. It makes me very sad to hear Merry Christmas or Happy New Year. Mine were neither.

Now, I learn how to be 1 instead of part of 2. I notice when I sit alone in a restaurant and others are in groups of 2. I saw Valentine's Day clothes and decorations when shopping and realized I am dreading Valentine's Day. It is not a holiday for 1.

This is another step in life which I must now take. I didn't think I would be taking it when I was so young. I think I am young to be a widow.

Life goes on.

1 comment:

Art Cauzez said...

Kay, you are a wonderful one! Wear your pinks and reds and hearts galore! You will never be alone. I will try my best to get up to visit with you one of these days. It is 100 miles from Hillsboro! Let me know what your schedule looks like in the coming months. Perhaps you would like to come this way for a change of venue.